Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review: Jack and Djinn by Jasinda Wilder



Title:
Jack and Djinn
Author:
Jasinda Wilder
Book in series:
Book one






~~*Selina's 4 Star Review*~~

Jasinda has a very unique way of telling a story.  I know that when I open a book by Jasinda I’ll get swept into whatever story she weaves and I was not disappointed with Jack and Djinn.  The thing that I believe what makes a book a great book is when the author can pull all kinds of emotions from you.  If you can sit there reading a book and have your heart thump practically right out of your chest, gasp out loud in anger or fear, flip off the characters,  wanting to nut punch the bad guy and swoon when the Hero enters the scene?  Than yeah, the book is going to be awesome.  
      
Miriam, which is the lead female character, has a permanent place in my heart.  To go through life with the hand she was dealt with was heart breaking.  And for me to be able to relate with Miriam on a certain level really caught my attention.  I would imagine writing a character like Miriam would be very difficult.  I liked that Jasinda portrayed Miriam’s past perfectly.

Jack is the Main male character AKA my current book boyfriend.  He has the alpha aura but also compassion and patients that a woman like Miriam needs.  He’s the whole package and I can’t wait to read more of him.

The story line was great and I can tell it’s only going to get better with the series.  We were left with just enough to want more but not left hanging to where we start a lynch squad.  The characters are fascinating and I’m really excited to read about the side characters too.  If you love PNR’s then I would give this a try.  Especially if you like your story with some mythology in it.  I would most definitely recommend this book.

Purchase Here


No comments:

Post a Comment