Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review


Broken By Love
Book 2
By C.A. Harms



~~Synopsis ~~

Kate thought she and Carson had finally reached level ground. They had moved in together and were preparing for the arrival of their baby.

She never thought they would only be driven further apart by his withdrawn and distant behavior. 

Carson had always had his freedom, and for a moment, he thought he could still live that life.

Only Kate needs more. She can no longer pretend that what he’s willing to offer is enough.

By the time Carson finally realizes that Kate deserves a better life than he’s been giving her, it may be too late.

He may have finally pushed her away to the point of no return…






~~Selina's~~ 
~~4 Star Review~~


Broken by Love is about a couple who have been struggling to grow as a family when they have a baby on the way.  Carson and Kate were introduced in the first book Scarred by Love (book one). Carson is one of Riley’s older brothers and Kate is Riley’s best friend.  The second book starts out with Kate hitting her breaking point with all the crap Carson puts her through.  Shes pregnant and scared and isn't getting the support she needs from the one person who is supposed to be there.

Kate is this strong, no filter, with one hell of a backbone woman.  I love reading about woman who stick to what they know needs to happen.  I’m sick of reading about woman who end up going back to the men and forgiving without putting their foot down. I really enjoyed reading about this couple.  In the first book you got some side story about Carson and Kate and you wanted more and in Broken by love you got just that and then some.

Carson is the grown ass man child who isn't ready to give up his freedom.  He knows he’s being selfish but not completely understanding that what he’s doing could possibly have irrevocable consequences.

"Married, fuck no.  I saw how that shit changed Mason.  Now I was following in his exact footsteps, and it terrified me.  I wasn't ready to let go of the freedom of being young."- Carson

This was a bit of an emotional read.  Emotional being, I felt for Kate in her journey from everything that has been happening with Carson and not knowing where that’s going to lead and to her family and the troubles they bring.  I did like reading about Carson’s brothers.  Although I did like getting tid bits about the brothers, I was left having an urge to slap my Kindle.  I just wanted to knock some sense into them boys!

The developments from the plot of the story to the characters were pretty creative.  And that little mind crap that happens to Kate towards the end with her family really made the book more interesting.  I love curve balls and that was well orchestrated and played great in this book.

The writing for this book was pretty smooth.  I liked the characters make up in this novel more than I did with C.A. Harms first book in Scarred by Love.  The characters were a bit more mature and had believable confrontations.  The story had some grammar errors but other than that I enjoyed this quick read.


Can’t wait to read Max’s story…that little Shit


~~Purchase Links~~






Book #3 Coming Soon!

Follow Author C.A. Harms














No comments:

Post a Comment